Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Discovered Treasures: Vintage Necklace

B & I love to browse antique stores. We love anything one-of-a-kind, handmade, vintage or sentimental. We were out a few years ago looking at pocket watches to add to B's collection. Yes, pocket watches. A man in this day and age can never have too many pocket watches. And then we saw this necklace. We found it in an antique store in Seal Beach, CA. I'm not sure how old it is, where it came from or what style it is. But look at those sweet little flowers! The owner told me they were hand painted.

Then I tried to be reasonable and remembered that I didn't need the necklace. So we left the store.
Days later I still wanted it. But I went back and the necklace was gone. This is the problem with antique stores. The precious items are there and then gone. There is no extra stock in the back.
And then my heart was broken. There was an emptiness in my life that could only be filled by this masterpiece. The masterpiece I would have to buy an outfit to go with.
But the emptiness didn't last long. It was the end of November and B just couldn't keep it a secret. He had gone back to the store and purchased my trinket as a Christmas present! And the empty space was filled and the world realigned and I cheered and ooh'd and aah'd.
You should know that B cannot keep his presents a surprise. This works for me as I think I received several "Christmas" presents that year...starting in October. You see, he buys something for me and then gets so excited he just has to give it to me. Its very sweet.
If anyone knows anything about this style or how old it might be I would love to hear your comments!

8 comments:

  1. Oh! I was so sad for you until I learned he bought it for you! That is so romantic!
    My hubby got me a nativity that we saw at an antique store when we were dating, and that was the best gift ever! So special that they listen to what we like, so unique of gifts, not found anywhere else. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! I can't imagine painting such tiny flowers. Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet story; I'm glad it had a happy ending. I adore the handpainted flowers on the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for commenting :) I love to hear your thoughts and read your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know anything about it, but boy it is lovely. And, what a sweet B you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful necklace! I love that your hubby went back and bought it for you. What a great surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahem. I should pay attention more before I comment . . .

    "I love that your FIANCE went back and bought it for you." There. Fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a few more months Jen!

    Thank you so much for coming by!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips