Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 24, 2009

The Letter B

Today's post comes to you from the letter B!


Does anyone remember this episode?!

B is for B's Bachelor Weekend

IMG_2309

B is for Bycicles, there were 28 here yesterday. 28?! There were only 8 guys. I compare it to bringing different shoes for different outfits. They bring different bikes for different trails. Only you know, my shoes aren't custom made Manolo Blahniks which would be more price comparable.

IMG_2149

B is for Beer, cases of beer actually. I almost died of shock when they got up and rode again this morning. They are probably sweating nothing but alcohol and bacon fat.

IMG_2267

B is for Bacon Wrapped Dates. Recipe coming soon, although its painfully simple. I used up 2 lbs of bacon making these things and there wasn't a single one left over.

IMG_2266

B is for Battered and Bruised (and blurry). Ouch.

IMG_2316

B is for Birthday and Balloons! Even though none of the guys noticed the balloons until after they had eaten all the appetizers, gone down to the pool and came back in a second time. B might also stand for blind.

IMG_2268

B is for BBQ Chicken, it was delicious but B could not remember what he put in the marinade besides garlic, ginger and soy. B, can you pause between each step so I can take a picture next time?!

IMG_2224

B is for Blood on my new couch. Any removal ideas? It was already dry when I found it. I knew I wouldn't make it through the weekend without blood on something.

IMG_2302

B is for Bicycles, yes I know I covered this but the repitition is necessary for you to understand the weekend. :) These pink bike parts are by Chris King in their Pretty and Strong line. Not only do they donate a part of these proceeds to Komen they also encourage their customers to skip a ride and bring themselves or someone they love into the doctor for a mammogram.

IMG_2283

B is for Beef, Corned Beef with a brown-sugar mustard glaze, followed by taters, cabbages and carrots. FYI/TMI: When contemplating what to serve a room full of guys that will be spending the night in your apartment.... skip the cabbage.

IMG_0862

B is for Big Trucks. I couldn't even see into the windows. I could break something if I fell out... which wouldn't be surprising at all.

IMG_0869

B is for Beautiful trails. I like to see these pictures because I'll never put in the effort it takes to get to these spots. Beeeautiful.

IMG_2306

B is for Bike Shop Talk. Many of them met when they worked at a bicycle shop years ago. They spent a long time reminiscing over an old album B had put together. I heard comments to each other like... "Were you taller then or are you fatter now?" and "Remember that one time you flipped over the front of your bike and the neighbors thought you were dead". Each comment was followed by a roar of laughter. Men.

B is also for Best Friends. They are a really good group of guys, even if they are stinky and sweaty. Most importantly, B had a great time and spent the last several days grinning from ear to ear.

OK, I'll leave it at that or I could go on and on forever and ever.

May your Monday be filled with Beauty and not a lot of Bull...

26 comments:

  1. Fab! PLEASE recipes for everything!

    Would this link help?
    http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/stain-buster/stains-blood-may07

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post :)

    Good luck getting that stain out, hope you succeed. Also looking forward to the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always used cold water for pre-washing blood stains on fabric. But I'm no expert, so check the link Alice mentioned above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I now can't shake the image of you peering out the big truck's window, with only your eyes visible if I'm looking in from the outside!

    Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, everything was totally b style. What a sweet fiance, looks like you kicked your own butt making that food!! the blood stain...use ice and dab. Sounds like a whole lot of fun! the pictures were awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great weekend and I love how you tied it in with the letter "B"! I love the Sesame Street video as well because it brought back so many childhood memories of mine and ones with my kids.

    If you have a "Bed, Bath and Beyond" more B's huh, nearby, they have a great all purpose cleaner that works miracles on everything I've used it on. It's a generic white bottle with purple letters on it and priced for about $7.99.

    Worth every solid cent.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great weekend and I love how you tied it in with the letter "B"! I love the Sesame Street video as well because it brought back so many childhood memories of mine and ones with my kids.

    If you have a "Bed, Bath and Beyond" more B's huh, nearby, they have a great all purpose cleaner that works miracles on everything I've used it on. It's a generic white bottle with purple letters on it and priced for about $7.99.

    Worth every solid cent.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watch too much Sesame Street. I always have a letter song stuck in my head. Try hydrogen peroxide and a qtip on the couch. DAB, don't rub. Should work like a charm! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bacon-wrapped dates - somewhere along the way I was going to try this and haven't. Will await your recipe. Enjoyed all the B's! -tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my younger sister would be in bike heaven. Seriously. She is a huge mountain bike rider. I am an Aussie, I live here in the US, however she still lives at home in the wilds of NSW. She has a huge 200 acre farm and they live near a huge mountain range and go biking all the time.....she is a nutter......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carefully orchestrated throw pillows should do the trick with that bloodstain... or just flip the sucker. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use Awesome (found at the 99 cents store) all purpose. It takes care of every stain imaginable.

    The food looks yummy...I want the recipe for the bacon wrapped dates. Also, where can I get chocolate covered bacon??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Dawn,
    So glad that you elaborated on the week-end!
    I LOVE how you found the common "B" thread, starting with the BEETLES -(I hadn't seen that one B-4! buh, buh, buh, buh ... I'll be singing it all night!)
    From the the bacon wrapped dates ....mmmmm mmmmm,mmmmm - to the corned beef cabbage advice (Which is an IMPORTANT tip to remember!) right through to the bloody arm and your lovely couch ... what a great weekend!!!

    B must B a very special guy to have such good friends ... and YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bacon wrapped dates!! Now that sounds good. Excellent "B" post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best Blog Baby...the corn beef looks Beyond Belief...please send recipe!Figtreeapps

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post. Love it. Dittos on the cabbage.

    ReplyDelete
  17. HA! I loved this B post! Now all you need are some Boston Baked Beans. (That always got me triple points in Scattergories).
    Good luck with the couch...it looks like a heartbreakingly beautiful couch.
    Elle
    PS Did you get my email, dahling? Not fishing for a reply, just a curious bugger am I. That totally rhymed. I'm a poet and I didn't know it. Ugh. STOP!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely love your B post. It gets an A+ from this teacher! You, my dear, are a good sport!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like everyone had a good time. Try hydrogen peroxide on the couch...my midwife swears by that stuff. :-) (Speaking of tmi)

    ReplyDelete
  20. B is for Believing it looked like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I look forward to the receipe for Bacon Wrapped Dates!

    ReplyDelete
  22. B is for Bravo! You can probably get the stain out with hydrogen peroxide, just dab and rub.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips