Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Autumnal Equinox

IMG_0073

It's official- fall is here! The equinox happens just twice a year and is actuallly not a day but one moment in time when the day and night are nearly equal in length. The latin base for the word equinox actually means equal night.

Technically the equinox occurs tonight at 8:09 pm PST but tomorrow will be the first complete day of fall which is why your calendars might say the 23rd. I'm done lecturing now, I hope you took notes.

As I'm not surrounded by the changing leaves I looked for a little fall inspiration on vimeo. I am never disappointed.

Autumn Glory from Paul Frederick on Vimeo.

Leaves

How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.

At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow.

by Elsie N. Brady

Tomorrow I'll have a recipe up for Pumpkin Pecan Cookies with Brown Sugar Frosting to celebrate the new season.

Are you ready for fall?

5 comments:

  1. Happy equinox. Can't wait for the recipe. Sounds very fallish:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to a fall recipe exchange soon, so I look forward to the cookie post. Sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOO, pumpkin recipes. Then I know it is fall.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips