Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Hat, Lake Forest

IMG_0348

Remember when I used to post about food? Do you remember that?

Well there just aren't enough food posts these days. Mostly you all just want to see the Peanut so I combined the two for your viewing pleasure.

Yesterday B and I headed over to The Hat for a light lunch.

IMG_0349

OK, that was just a straight lie. This my friends is one order of chili fries.

The first time we went to The Hat we had no idea that an order of fries was this big and we almost got two.

IMG_0351

Whenever you get something with chilli they ask if you would like cheese, tomato and pickles. I don't really get it. B didn't order cheese (how can anyone ever say no to cheese) but the tomatoes and pickles really cut the heaviness of the chilli.

The order is HUGE.

They also serve gravy fries which I love. It's the same amount of fries (easily enough for 4 or 5 people) covered in a thick brown gravy.

IMG_0352

Peanut sees our fries and thinks the whole world has gone crazy.

He may be right.

IMG_0355

I had their specialty with is the pastrami dip. Love.

To be honest, I had been eating the fries while I was holding Peanut and by the time I passed him to B and started eating this I didn't even make it thru 1/2 my sandwhich.

IMG_0346

There are condiments galore. I like to add the creamy horseradish sauce to my pastrami.

Did I mention that the food is cheap? It is and then you take into consideration the amount of food and it's really cheap.

We rounded out our meals with rootbeer and Orange Bang.

IMG_0353

Somewhere in here is B's chilli cheese dog.

I know.

IMG_0358

I had this guy for dessert.

He sat there grinning at me the entire time I ate and I just couldn't help but gobble him up whole.

11 comments:

  1. I have stomach cramps just looking at those fries! I would like a side of Peanut though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, for some reason my Cinnamon Raisin bagel doesn't look quite so yummy at the moment.

    And pickles! You had me at pickles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Anything with a side of Peanut looks delicious, or as the old timers in Missouri say, "Lairpin!"
    ☺ Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay this post is awesome... food and peanut!! Looks like a place I'd love!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only had their food one time, but it was SO good. I will have to make a trip back.
    Maybe today??? Haha. Thanks for the yummy post. and the cute pic of peanut, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last picture just kills me. I <3 your little man SO MUCH! TOO CUTE!! AHHH :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures!! This place is so wonderful. I only try to go when I have the whole family so we may finish an order of fries. See one good reason to have three kids.. hehe.. hope all is well and love reading your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummmm!!! ,,,and Peanut looks so cute!!! luvuallbye

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures of peanut smiling at his mommy :) annnnddd yes, everything at the hat tastes soooo good washed down with orange bang! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It all looks so yummy! Especially dessert ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always like the dessert best!

    I do love me some chili fries once in while though...my arteries don't like them, but I do...

    Peanut, however, is calorie free!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips