Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

#11 / 52 Food Adventures: Swordfish Carpaccio

IMG_5150

Last week my parents and I went to Canaletto Ristorante in Fashion Island 
and this was my favorite dish of the night.

House-cured Swordfish Carpaccio with sliced fresh artichokes and something crunchy and something green.

Our menu didn't give a full description and I forgot to ask the server.  

Actually, I was avoiding speaking to (or making eye contact with) the server.  He was quite the actor and I couldn't handle the overly animated "Italian" service.  
He was a nice guy, really, I just didn't have the energy. :)

I loved the flavor in this dish, I loved the swordfish and I loved the texture.

What did you try this week?

I believe next week will be dishes with lemon and/or lime thyme... 
that is if I don't kill my plants before then.  Any recipe suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I'm still in winter mode here, so not too many suggestions...Maybe chicken piccata? always nice in spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so adventurous. I had roasted plantain chips from trader Joe's this week...so good. That was brave for me...ha!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips