Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fresh-squeezed Orange Juice...

IMG_5694

... is just 45 minutes, a load of dishes, a trail of sticky finger prints and a bath away!

After weeks of getting oranges in our CSA box I decided to just juice the darn things.
The moment I turned on the juicer a little Peanut stood with his face pressed between the gate that keeps little monsters from invading the tiny space we call a kitchen.

I knew he'd love to help so I pulled over the stool and we had our first lesson in juicing oranges.

I smiled to myself, feeling very domestic and mom-like.  I thought it would be nice to take some pictures.

In the back of my mind I pictured us standing together at the counter, me looking lovely in my apron, with my hair and make-up done just so.  Peanut would occasionally look at me excitedly and of course, adoringly as we bonded over the juicing of fruit.  My kitchen would be lovely... and clean... and uncluttered.

IMG_5696

I actually laughed when I saw the pictures.  This is what my kitchen really looks like... I mean, I didn't even think to move everything into a nice pile on the oven for a few minutes.
Sometimes I forget that my reality looks nothing like my Pinterest board. :)

Anyway the important part was that we learned about oranges and orange juice and you know, healthy stuff.  We ate the pulp that gathered on the top with a spoon.

I mean, it was easy!  Peanut only knocked over the juice or the juicer about 3 times!  
We only dropped oranges on the floor a half a dozen times!
There was only sticky juice splattered on half of the kitchen and all of the clean containers and appliances!
It only took about 45 minutes to do a 10 minute task!
Peanut was sticky from head to toe.

We'll probably start drinking only freshly squeezed juice!

At least after all that effort it took us a whole 5 minutes to inhale all of that golden goodness.

In all honestly I got a kick out doing it with him and he loved it.
It's the little things, you know?

3 comments:

  1. I love it, a real kitchen never looks like our pinterst board. My whole house does not look like what I pin. A girl can dream... What a great day you had, and yes it is the little things. I couldn't agree more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I enjoy about viewing you is that you are real! Little Peanut will remember you doing things with him, not if the "juice center" is picture perfect . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just registered for one of these. I can't wait to start making my own OJ. I have the perfect picture in my head of me in my apron all bright eyed in the morning making juice for the hubs. Haha we'll see how that turns out ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips