Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Peanut's 3rd Birthday: Outer Space

ryder

I'm not sure if I've told you this yet but Peanut has been obsessed with outer space for the last 6 months or so.  He loves outer space, planets, rockets and Star Wars.

He can name the planets in the solar system.
I had to look this up.  It's terrible but seriously, do you remember the names of the planets in order?
Anyone who names Pluto is automatically disqualified.


Untitled

Of course, we still wanted to do Halloween so we just threw it all together in a mish mosh.

A Halloween/ Outer Space/ Costume Party!

pops

Instead of elaborate cupcakes I wanted to simplify and do cake push pops.
We started these at 11 pm the night before.
We had a really full day with another party to go to so it couldn't be helped.

If you really wanted to make them cute you could do flames coming out the bottom!
But you don't do those types of things when you start at 11 pm.
Why won't kids every go to bed on time when you have a deadline?

Anyway, cake push pops.  Hmm, I'm going to try these again but I'm not a huge fan of frosting so an entire layer of it is not a perk for me.  AND the boxed cake mix was too fluffy so it fell apart when we stuffed them.  I'm going to work on this process and get back to you.

Untitled

Cake decorating is really not my thing.  At all.
Frosting cakes is not my thing.

So I made a sheet cake, froze it, cut out a paper stencil of a rocket,
cut around the stencil and then used canned white frosting on it.
Then I cut the circles out of the stencil and stuck them on the iced cake, cut the fins?  (you see, that's how much I know about rockets) off the stencil and stuck them on the cake.
Added sprinkles to the body of the rocket, removed the stencil pieces,
added Dollar Tree candles, called it a day.

jake

This kid.  Do you see this kid?  
Can you feel the energy coming through the screen?
Yup.  He's hilarious.

His parents are AMAZING and made this for me.
2 1/2 weeks before the party I still had no idea what I was doing for the outer space theme.
His mama sent me a message that she would throw this together.
Can you believe that?
Me neither.

This rockets was completely amazing.

It was completely free standing.
Peanut is still using it, he thinks it's hilarious.
I should just set it up in his room in front of the mirror.

Untitled

Snow White came by and all the little girls swooned.
Her little Mulan was incredibly adorable.

I love seeing all the kids dressed up.

Untitled

This little boys birthday party was the day before.
These guys met at My Gym and immediately clicked 
so I guess you could say he's Peanut's first friend.
You know, a friend of his own making, outside of the friends that I have introduced him to.

IMG_2066

Oh my God.
A little chicken!

I've really been cutting back on the parties
 but as my friends keep having babies, the parties never seem to get any smaller.

daniel

Cousin Daniel, always camera ready and without the strained fake smiles I get from Peanut.

Did I mention the RJ stand for Peanut's initials and the 3 for his age.
They thought of everything!

frankie

This is why you have little girls.

Her expression is fantastic.

Untitled

And then I died.

connor

Come on up little batman!

Untitled

That finger full was all he ate of his cake which is why I don't believe in putting a lot of effort into it :)

Untitled

My niece and her baby.

She's a parrot!  And my niece made her costume!
Baby Charlie's parents were pirates for Halloween 
and they looked adorable carrying around their little parrot.
Did I mention that both of them have Dawn as a middle name?
I like to mention that to people.

Untitled

I did not previously know that spider girl existed but I love her.
Peanut was very envious of her brother, Darth Vader.

ivy

She's like the spokesmodel for cake push pops.
AND she has the modeling leg pop down.

I swear, every time I pulled out the camera she struck a pose!

Untitled

Because my friends are awesome, we got a lot of themed cards and bags and presents.
Snow White made this one.

Untitled

What 3 year old doesn't want a solar system in his room?
OK, my kid is a little odd.

Untitled

After most of the guests left Daniel and Ryder decided to open some presents.
What this means is that Daniel opens the presents and we try to get Peanut to pay attention.

Untitled

Peanut would be happy to open one present and then play with it.
Present opening could take days.  Months even.

Untitled

I made Halloween and Space felt play boards for the kids to take home.

Thank you mom for the idea as I had no idea what to make.
My mom made them look professional.
I'll post about these soon!

Untitled

And then there was this face.
You want to squish it and kiss her cheeks don't you?
She'll be a year old this month.

When she smiles, she has dimples and then I give her whatever she wants.

boys

He had a great time!

PS In case you noticed, yes he was wearing pajamas the entire party.
They were supposed to go under his costume that he didn't wear.
It wasn't the type of costume that you can climb around in but I thought I could at least get one picture.
He was in it for days beforehand but you know how these things go.

2 comments:

  1. Another awesome party for peanut! You did a great job. I dream of my piglet one day geeking out over science and space. Love the rocket! My niece was spider girl this year and I didn't know she existed either. Is she spidey's family member or love interest? Those cake pops turned out cute. I am tempted to make them with rainbow chip frosting. Then I wouldn't mind layers of just frosting! Or a whole frosting pop...ok maybe I'm obsessed with rainbow chip frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Thanksgiving Day, and our family eats an early dinner instead of lunch. Just now there is a lull between the hectic preparations and all the guests arriving for the meal. I wanted to take some of that time to visit my blogging friends. I needed to say thank you. Thank you for the inspiration you provide here in your place and for the comments you leave behind when you visit mine. Happy Thanksgiving, friend.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day- thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips